These 4th of July Flag Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect treat to bring to your 4th of July celebration.
There are so many fun 4th of July activities out there. Swimming, boating, parades and fireworks. My favorite is probably the parades, I love seeing all the creative ideas people come up with for their floats.
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
It’s such a busy day and although it’s a day off, we usually pack it full of fun activities with friends and family. Which means a BBQ or lunch in the park. I am first to sign up to make a treat, it’s something I really enjoy making.
My favorite treat has got to be a Rice Krispie Treat! They are gooey and sweet and taste good anytime of the day. That is why I always keep the ingredients on hand at home.
How To Make 4th of July Flag Rice Krispies Treats
I’ve blogged about a few 4th of July themed recipes already. But you cannot miss out on these flag-themed krispie treats for your Independence Day party!
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Miniature marshmallows
- Butter, softened
- Vanilla frosting
- blue vanilla frosting
- white star sprinkles
- Twizzlers Pull n’ Peel
4th of July Flag Rice Krispies Treats Step-By-Step Pictures
Heat your marshmallows and butter for a couple minutes
Mix in your Rice Krispies cereal until the cereal is coated
Press your Rice Krispies into a greased 9″×13″ pan
Cut your pan of Rice Krispies into rectangles
Frost each Rice Krispie Treat with vanilla frosting.
4th of July Flag Rice Krispie Treats
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, heat your marshmallows and butter for a couple minutes or until the marshmallows are puffy and mix well.
- Mix in your Rice Krispies cereal until the cereal is coated.
- Press your Rice Krispies into a greased 9×13″ pan.
- Cut your pan of Rice Krispies into rectangles and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Frost each Rice Krispie Treat with vanilla frosting.
- Fill a plastic baggy with blue frosting, cut a tiny tip off the corner and frost the top left corner with blue frosting.
- Sprinkle white star sprinkles onto the blue frosting and cut about 4 pieces off your Twizzlers Pull n’ Pull to make stripes.
Love the ideas you see here on Messy Momma Crafts? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
More Treat recipes
If you enjoyed this 4th of July flag Rice Krispies treats recipe then you will love this recipe too:
- 4th of July Flag Cookies: These 4th of July Flag Cookies will be the perfect addition to your holiday BBQ.