Time to liven up your cup of hot cocoa! My Marshmallow Snowmen Treats will melt your heart and satisfy your sweet tooth.
As the winter weather keeps blowing through, warm up with these cute little snowmen. they are just as cute and fun to make as these meringue snowmen!
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Every serving of hot chocolate deserves a generous helping of marshmallows!
When the weather is cold and the snow blows in, I just want to snuggle in a blanket with my kids and hibernate. They want to build a snowman and have a snowball fight!
Well, after they come in all frozen, I like to share some hot cocoa with them and add these marshmallow snowmen on top!
Easy Marshmallow Snowmen
During this time of the year, our family’s all about hot cocoa. I knew that I could elevate our hot chocolate experience by getting creative with pieces of marshmallows.
So, how do you make hot chocolate fun? By topping it with a marshmallow snowman, of course! And how do you make a marshmallow snowman? Well, all it takes is a few ingredients and tools: marshmallows, candy melts, toothpicks, and miniature peanut butter cups.
Trust me, my Marshmallow Snowman Treats are the perfect topper to your cup of hot cocoa. Your kids will have a blast when they spot their new sweet buddy floating atop their favourite drink.
How To Make Marshmallow Snowmen
This edible craft is so easy that your kids will have fun making them with you!
Kitchen Tools Needed
All the exact amounts you need are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, here is a quick list of what you need to get from the store.
Meringue Snowmen Tips
As easy as these are to make, here are some additional tips that will help them turn out perfectly, every single time!
Flatten The Marhsmallows
One of my tips in making these Marshmallow Snowman Treats is flattening out each marshmallow. I press down gently on each one and it gives me more “square footage” to work with.
Use Mini Peanut Butter Cups
I don’t get to work with miniature peanut butter cups very often, but I love using them as hats whenever I make a snowman-themed dessert.
Make Marshmallow Snowflakes To Go With Them
To accompany my Marshmallow Snowman Treats, I also put together my Marshmallow Snowflake Treats. I wanted to give my miniature marshmallows a sparkly makeover. Both marshmallows treats really complement one another. They also make for great conversation starters at our family’s holiday get-togethers.
Okay, so are you itching for the recipe now? I bet you are! Best news is that both of these marshmallow treats are incredibly easy to whip up. Here’s how:
Ingredients for Marshmallow Snowflake Treats
Microwave white chocolate chips for 20 seconds or until completely melted.
Dip top of each marshmallow into melted chocolate and then dip into bowl of blue sprinkles.
Set carefully on lined baking sheet and allow to set completely.
Serve and enjoy!
That’s it! Now you have marshmallow snowmen and snowflakes for your delicious hot cocoa! Oh and if you want the best hot cocoa, make it homemade!
Marshmallow Snowmen Treats
- 12 Regular-Sized Marshmallows
- 6 Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup Orange Candy Melts
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Candy Melts
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Slightly flatten each marshmallow by pressing down on them – this step is optional but I like to do it to make the marshmallow slightly larger.
- Insert one toothpick through two marshmallows. Be sure to have a small portion of the toothpick sticking out from the top.
- Insert one miniature peanut butter cup through the tip of the exposed toothpick.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave orange candy melts in 30 second intervals, mixing between each interval.
- Pour orange candy melt in a frosting bag with Wilton tip #5 attached. Frost a “carrot nose” on each marshmallow.
- Microwave brown candy melts in a separate bowl (in 30 second intervals as well). Pour into a frosting bag with Wilton tip #3 attached.
- Pipe out eyes and buttons on each marshmallow treat. Serve in a large cup of hot cocoa and enjoy!
Love the ideas you see here on Messy Momma Crafts? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
More Winter Crafts
If you enjoyed this recipe for meringue snowmen, here are some more fun winter crafts you can do with your kiddos next.