These 4th of July Brownies look like an American flag and only require a few ingredients.
I’ve been in the 4th of July mood lately, making everything I can think of to celebrate. From cookies to Rice Krispies and fun crafts. With the weather just starting to reach the 70’s, I feel like the 4th of July will be here before we know it.
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through links in this post, we may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Finding creative and fun 4th of July recipes isn’t a difficult task. However, finding one that doesn’t require you to be a baking extraordinaire can be pretty tough. Here’s a beginner friendly recipe that adds pizzazz to your 4th of July gathering.
How to Make 4th of July Brownies
Here’s how you transform a basic brownie mix to an adorable flag-themed dessert that can jazz up any party. You can also get creative and add cute sprinkles and fun designs to personalize your dessert.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
4th of July Brownies Step-By-Step Pictures
Assemble your ingredients and cut it into rectangles
Bake your brownies using the store-bought mix
Frost each brownie
Place 4 blue M&M’s in the top left corner of each brownie
Use the red and white M&M’s to make 4 rows of stripes
4th of July Brownies
- 1 box Family size brownie mix calls for oil, eggs and water
- 1 can Vanilla frosting
- 1 bag Red, white and blue M&M’s
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9X13″ baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your brownie mix, eggs, oil and water and use a whisk to mix the batter well.
- Pour the brownie batter into your baking pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or as directed on the box.
- Let your brownies cool in the pan. Set our a piece of parchment paper and cut the brownies into rectangles.
- Fill a decorating bag with frosting and frost each brownie.
- Place 4 blue M&M’s in the top left corner and use the red and white M&M’s to make 4 rows of stripes.
- Once your brownies look like an American flag, set them in a covered container to store.
Love the ideas you see here on Messy Momma Crafts? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
More 4th of July Recipes
I love how festive these 4th of July brownies turned out, makes me want to go to a parade and celebrate.
If you enjoyed this 4th of July brownies recipe, then you will love these 4th of July party recipes too:
- Patriotic Brownies – An Easy to Make Treat: These Patriotic Brownies are the perfect easy to pack 4th of July treat for a busy day out and about.
- 4th of July Flag Rice Krispie Treats: These 4th of July Flag Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect treat to bring to your 4th of July celebration.
- 4th of July Cookies: These 4th of July Flag Cookies will be the perfect addition to your holiday BBQ.