These 4th of July Brownies look like an American flag and only require a few ingredients.
I’ve been in the 4th of July mood lately, making everything I can think of to celebrate. From cookies to Rice Krispies and fun crafts. With the weather just starting to reach the 70’s, I feel like the 4th of July will be here before we know it.
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Finding creative and fun 4th of July recipes isn’t a difficult task. However, finding one that doesn’t require you to be a baking extraordinaire can be pretty tough. Here’s a beginner friendly recipe that adds pizzazz to your 4th of July gathering.
How to Make 4th of July Brownies
Here’s how you transform a basic brownie mix to an adorable flag-themed dessert that can jazz up any party. You can also get creative and add cute sprinkles and fun designs to personalize your dessert.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
4th of July Brownies Step-By-Step Pictures
Assemble your ingredients and cut it into rectangles
Bake your brownies using the store-bought mix
Frost each brownie
Place 4 blue M&M’s in the top left corner of each brownie
Use the red and white M&M’s to make 4 rows of stripes
4th of July Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9X13″ baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your brownie mix, eggs, oil and water and use a whisk to mix the batter well.
- Pour the brownie batter into your baking pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or as directed on the box.
- Let your brownies cool in the pan. Set our a piece of parchment paper and cut the brownies into rectangles.
- Fill a decorating bag with frosting and frost each brownie.
- Place 4 blue M&M’s in the top left corner and use the red and white M&M’s to make 4 rows of stripes.
- Once your brownies look like an American flag, set them in a covered container to store.
Love the ideas you see here on Messy Momma Crafts? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
More 4th of July Recipes
I love how festive these 4th of July brownies turned out, makes me want to go to a parade and celebrate.
If you enjoyed this 4th of July brownies recipe, then you will love these 4th of July party recipes too:
- Patriotic Brownies – An Easy to Make Treat: These Patriotic Brownies are the perfect easy to pack 4th of July treat for a busy day out and about.
- 4th of July Flag Rice Krispie Treats: These 4th of July Flag Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect treat to bring to your 4th of July celebration.
- 4th of July Cookies: These 4th of July Flag Cookies will be the perfect addition to your holiday BBQ.