Learn how to make this super cute cupid’s arrow Valentine’s Day heart craft with your kids. This is a perfect craft idea for your Valentine’s themed party.
With Valentine’s Day coming next month, I thought I’ll share a fun DIY craft you could do with your kids. My girls absolutely loved making these, partly because they could use this as weaponry against my son’s nerf bullets.
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through links in this post, we may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
I love Valentine’s Day because it reminds me of the amazing people around me. We send out homemade chocolates and cute handwritten letters to all our neighbors. We also have a small family dance after dinner and exchange little DIY gifts.
How to Make A Cupid’s Arrow Craft
Nothing screams Valentine’s any more than a cupid themed-craft. Here’s an adorable DIY idea that can keep your kids engaged for hours!
Save And Print This Easy Template
Save the photo below and print it out. This is the template you will use for the rest of the craft, including the triangles for the arrows.
Cupid’s Arrow Craft Step-By-Step Pictures
First, get all your supplies together. Clean off the table and get ready to craft!
Next, you will make the heart shapes. To do this, fold the paper in half and cut out the heart on the fold. This way, the heart is completely symmetrical.
Slit the triangles too. These are going to be the tips of the arrows.
Cut out two slits on the end of a straw. This is where you are going to put the triangles you just cut out.
Insert the triangle into the slit you just cut in the straw as pictured in the photo above. You want the triangle’s tiny point to be on top.
Snip a strand of red yarn and insert an end of the yarn in the back snips. This is going to be the string for your arrow.
Tie the remaining end of yarn to the circle. Use any kind of knot that you want.
Finally, insert the rocket through the heart. There you have it! Two hearts with arrows running through them.
What To Do With This Heart Craft
Now that you have this cute craft, what do you do with it? Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Write homemade Valentine’s Cards on them
- Create a garland for the mantle
- String a lot of them together for a mobile
Cupid’s Arrow Craft
- ⅝” circle punch
- Begin by printing the cupid’s arrow template.
- Trace the pieces on a sheet of heavy red cardstock. Cut it out.
- Punch a hole with the ⅝” circle punch on both sides of the heart. If you don’t have that size punch, you could just cut out circles.
- Now, cut two slits on both ends of a paper straw.
- On one end, the front, insert the slightly smaller triangle with the tip in front.
- Snip a strand of red yarn. Insert an end of the yarn in the back snips.
- Then, insert the other triangle, pointed side in, into the back slits.
- Finally, tie the remaining end of yarn to the circle. Careful not to tie it too tight so that it doesn’t rip through.
- And have fun weaving the rocket through the heart!
More Valentine DIY Ideas
If you enjoyed this cupid’s arrow template then you will love this valentine DIY idea too!
- Baseball Card Valentine Cards: These Baseball Card Valentine Cards are the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your friends.
- Easy Valentine’s Day Turtles Candies Recipe: If your family loves the sweet-salty flavor of traditional turtles, they will absolutely fall in love with these Valentine turtles.
Love the ideas you see here on Messy Momma Crafts? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!