These easy Valentine’s turtles candies are a fun homemade treat for your festive day celebrations without breaking a sweat in the kitchen!
If your family loves the sweet-salty flavor of traditional turtles, they will absolutely fall in love with these Valentine turtles.
This is a delicious substitute for cookies and other treats that take more time and effort to bake. If you need a no-hassle, last-minute addition for your Valentine’s tea party, our easy Valentine’s turtles should be your go-to recipe.
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
I love the traditional caramel-chocolate taste of turtles, I decided to spice things up by creating a Valentine-themed recipe as it’s right around the corner. These quick turtles are a delicious gift idea when placed in a mason jar with a personalized tag attached.
How To Make Easy Valentine’s Turtles Candies
This simple recipe only requires few ingredients and around 15 minutes to make. This sounds great, doesn’t it?
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Salted Pretzels
- Chocolate Covered Carmel Candy
- Pecans, Whole Halves
- White Chocolate Chips
- Colorful Valentine’s Candy or Sprinkles of Your Choice
Tips For Making Caramel Pecan Clusters
Another name for these fun candies is caramel pecan clusters. What are turtles candies? They are usually pecans and caramel dipped in chocolate and resembling the shape of a turtle. These are very similar.
Here are a few questions that might pop up in your head while you prepare your scrumptious dessert.
Tip #1 – Storing Leftovers
Do not worry if you have a lot of leftovers remaining. You can always store it in an airtight container in a cool and dry place. This will make sure it lasts for at least one week. If you want to preserve it for longer periods of time, pop it in your fridge.
In my experience, the turtles barely made it to the second round of helpings. If you don’t like storing food, adjust the quantity of the ingredients to fit your needs.
Tip #2 – Pretzels
One thing you need to keep in mind is that unsalted pretzels barely contribute to the taste of the turtles. Using salted pretzels helps you get the sweet-salty flavor you love so much!
Tip#3 – Chocolate
If you don’t have white chocolate chips, you can also substitute them with another color. When you drizzle the chocolate into the sandwich bag, you can spoon the melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and cut one of the corners off to make your own piping set.
Here is the entire recipe! I hope you enjoy them!
Easy Valentine’s Turtles
- Parchment paper
- Microwave safe dish
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 28 salted pretzels
- 28 chocolate covered caramel candy
- 28 pecans whole halves
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and arrange pretzels on it in a single layer.
- Put one chocolate covered caramel candy on top of each pretzel.
- Bake in oven for 3-4 minutes or until chocolate softens and starts to melt (be careful not to over bake).
- While pretzels are in the oven, melt white chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish for 1-2 minutes, be careful not to leave it in the microwave too long or it will become hard.
- Remove pretzels from oven and press one pecan onto the top of each candy and drizzle melted white chocolate over the top.
- Sprinkle Valentine’s candy and/or sprinkles on top quickly before the chocolate cools.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Love the ideas you see here on Messy Momma Crafts? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
More Holiday Treats
If you enjoyed this easy Valentine’s turtles then you will love these holiday recipes too:
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes: These Christmas Tree Cupcakes only require a few ingredients and will make your Christmas party guest smile with Christmas cheer
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes: These cute bunny cupcakes are extremely easy to whip up and will surely be a big hit with kids and adults!
- Snowman Cupcakes – A Winter Treat: Snowman Cupcakes are an Easy to Make Winter Treat, perfect for Christmas or a blistery winter day.