If you need an easy appetizer, this BBQ Li’L Smokies recipe is the perfect one. With only 4 ingredients and an easy stove top recipe, they are absolutely delicious!
Have you ever been to an event where you need to bring a dish to pass? Those seem to be the easiest type of get togethers, that way no one is stuck in the kitchen all day cooking for a large crowd.
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through links in this post, we may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a few go to recipes that I like to make for events like those, one being BBQ meatballs. Yes, this exact recipe using frozen meatballs in a slow cooker. This time I thought I would try Li’L Smokies instead of the meatballs. It worked perfect.
How to Make BBQ Li’l Smokies
Here’s the perfect recipe for a quick and easy appetizer which only needs a handful of ingredients.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
BBQ LiL Smokies Step-By-Step Pictures
Assemble your ingredients
Add the jellied cranberry sauce, chili sauce and brown sugar
Mix the ingredients
BBQ Li’L Smokies Recipe
- 2-28 oz L'il Smokies
- 14 oz Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz Bottle Chilli Sauce
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- Open the two packages of Li’L Smokies and place them into the bottom of a large pot.
- Add the jellied cranberry sauce, chili sauce and brown sugar and mix.
- Cook the BBQ Li’L Smokies on high for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes to mix the sauce together.
- Serve in a large bowl or in a crockpot to keep warm.
Love the ideas you see here on Messy Momma Crafts? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
More Simple Recipes
If you enjoyed this BBQ Li’L Smokies recipe, then you will love these recipes that can be cooked with minimal effort:
- Mushroom and Onion Baked Chicken: Mushroom and Onion Baked Chicken is such a quick and easy recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
- Crock Pot Corn on the Cob: If you love buttery and salty corn on the cob, you will love my Crock Pot Corn on the Cob.