Kool-Aid Cookies are fun, colorful, flavorful and easy to make! This simple recipe is a summer must for kids.
Hey there Messy Momma Crafts readers! Trish here with a kid approved recipe that would have the Kool-Aid Man cheering “OH YEAH!”.
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoy making kid-friendly desserts with your kids, then I have something everyone will enjoy! These are as easy to make as these chocolate chip shortbread bars.
Before you get started you will want to decide on the number of Kool-Aid flavors you plan on using. This recipe calls for two packets of mix and it makes 36-40 cookies.
If you would like to make all one flavor cookies then simply use two of the same packets. I like to divide the dough in half then use two different flavors; however, it would be just as easy to divide the dough into fourths and use half of a packet of four different Kool-Aid flavors.
How To Make Kool-Aid Cookies
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mixing Spoon
- Cookie Scoop
- Cookie Sheet
- Silicone Baking Mat
- Cooling Rack
Additional Ideas & Tips for Kool-Aid Cookies
- Frost your colorful treats with simple white vanilla frosting or get creative and create flavor combinations like lemon frosting on raspberry Kool-Aid cookies.
- Add sprinkles! Mix candy sprinkles into the batter or roll the dough into one inch balls then slightly press them flat and top with colorful sprinkles.
- Use gallon size Ziploc bags to mix the Kool-Aid into the dough rather than mixing bowls; simple separate the dough into bags, add in the dry mix and kneed the bag with your hands to combine the Kool-Aid mix and dough together.
- Create double flavor cookies by creating two small dough ball of different flavors then press them the dough together before placing it on the pan and baking.
- Fold white or milk chocolate chips into the dough before baking for an extra sweet bite.
Kool-Aid Cookies Recipe
- 2 Packets Kool-Aid Mix (any flavor or two different flavors)
- 1 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Flour
- Preheat the oven to 325* degrees then prepare a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat and set it aside.
- Add 1 cup of flour to the mixture and use a large mixing spoon to mix the flour into the batter. After the first cup of flour is mixed in follow the same steps for the additional 2 cups. Adding the flour one cup at a time makes it much easier to mix.
- Next divide the dough in half. Place the dough in separate bowls then mix one packet of Kool-Aid into each bowl. (I recommend using glass bowls or Ziploc bags.) Continue to mix the dough until the Kool-Aid mix is well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop rounded drops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet then bake for 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to turn golden.
- Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Love the ideas you see here on Messy Momma Crafts? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed these Kool-Aid Cookies then you’ll enjoy these simple and creative cookie recipes too.
More Cookie Recipes
If your kids enjoyed this fun, colorful, flavorful Kool-Aid Cookies recipe then they will love these colorful cookie recipes: