This tasty treat is sure to be a summer hit! Twice the sprinkles makes Funfetti Cookie Cups with Whipped Cream Cheese Filling an instant family favorite treat.
Hey there Messy Momma Crafts readers! Trish here with recipe that you absolutely must pin. The base of this tasty treat is a not-too-sweet Funfetti Cookie Cup made with a simple sprinkle filled dough that is baked to perfection. Next comes the creamy filling made up of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Finally, all 32 Funfetti Cookie Cups are topped with more sprinkles creating a delightful fresh baked dessert. Yum!
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
How To Make Funfetti Cookie Cups With Whipped Cream Cheese Filling
This tasty treat is sure to be a hit at family gatherings! Be sure to plan ahead as Funfetti Cookie Cups with Whipped Cream Cheese Filling will need refrigerated before serving.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Medium Size Mixing Bowl
- Large Size Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Small Cookie Scoop
- Cooling Rack
Funfetti Cookie Cup Ingredients Needed:
Whipped Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients Needed:
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
Other Funfetti Cookie Cup Filling & Topping Ideas:
- Homemade soft serve ice cream (or even a scoop of store-bought ice cream) go perfect with these Funfetti Cookie Cups. Try this Ice Cream in a Bag Recipe for a 100% homemade treat and don’t forget the sprinkles!
- Fill your cookie cups with your favorite yogurt.
- Melted chocolate chips are a great addition to cookie cups! Either dip the edges of the bowl shaped cookies into melted chocolate or fill the bottom of the cookie cups with melted chocolate for an even sweeter treat!
- Use a piping bag to pipe frosting into the Funfetti Cookie Cups rather than the Whipped Cream Cheese Filling. Not only will this save on the prep time of creating the filling but the cookie cups will be ready to serve immediately as opposed to adding the chill time.
- Replace the sprinkles on top with cookie crumbs, granola or chopped nuts.
Tips for Making Funfetti Cookie Cups With Whipped Cream Cheese Filling:
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough before forming it into balls and pressing them into the mini muffin tin. The cookie scoop will ensure your cookie cups are very close in size and evenly baked.
- A melon baller comes in handy when it’s time to make the indentation in the cookie dough! A teaspoon or small measuring spoon will also do the trick.
- If you do not have a piping bag, use any size Ziploc bag as a piping bag. Simply add the creamy filling to the Ziploc bag then cut a small triangle at the corner of the bag. The filling will squeeze as easy out of a Ziploc bag as it will a piping bag.
- I prefer a silicone muffin pan as it makes it even easier to pop the cookie cups out of the pan! Simply press up from the bottom of each cookie cup to release the cups from the pan.
Funfetti Cookie Cups With Whipped Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 Sticks Butter Softened
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray then set it aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl then add egg and 2 teaspoons of vanilla; mix until well combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl stir the dry ingredients together; flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly mix the dry mixture into the creamed sugar mixture then gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon size balls and place them in the muffin tin; lightly press a spoon or melon baller into the middle of each dough ball to create a mini bowl indentation in the dough.
- Place the pan in the over and bake for 14 minutes at 350* degrees. When you remove the pan use a melon baller (or teaspoon) to slightly press the center of each cookie cup down in the middle creating a mini bowl.
- Allow the cookie cups to cool for 10-12 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the Whipped Cream Cheese Filling by adding heavy cream and a teaspoon of vanilla to a medium mixing bowl then use an electric mixer to blend on high until it begins to thicken. (Approximately 2-3 minutes.)
- In another mixing bowl cream the powdered sugar and cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the cream cheese mixture to the bowl with the heavy cream then beat on high until well combined.
- Use a piping bag (or ziploc bag) to fill the Funfetti Cookie Cups with Whipped Cream Filling then top them with sprinkles. Chill for 2 hours before serving; keep refrigerated.
Love the ideas you see here on Messy Momma Crafts? Subscribe today and get our weekly newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this Funfetti Cookie Cups With Whipped Cream Cheese Filling Recipe then you’ll enjoy these cookie recipes too.
Sugar Cookie S’mores Bites Recipe
Peanut Butter Cookie Cup Recipe
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
More Cookie Recipes
If your kids enjoyed this recipe then they will love these ideas too::
Leave a Reply